As humans, we are creatures of second thoughts and learning how to cancel a Takealot order is useful when you have that rain-check moment.
Luckily, South Africa’s most popular online shopping platform makes it easy to cancel an order – as long as you haven’t made the payment yet.
You are entitled to cancel your order prior to the point at which you receive a notification that it is being shipped for delivery.
If you have already paid and wish to return the product, you have the option of receiving a credit or a full refund. Returns are only possible where your order adheres to Takealot’s Return Policy.
What Products are eligible for returning?
- It is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached.
- Save for Unboxed Deals, reconditioned products and used products, it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable).
- It is not missing any accessories or parts.
- You log a return on the Takealot website within 30 days of delivery or collection. After 30 days, you can only return a product if it is defective.
What Products are Exempted from returning?
The policy also states that you can return a product provided it is not:
- A digital product such as an eBook, electronic voucher, gaming code or other digital download.
- An audio or video recording or computer software that has been unsealed.
- A newspaper, periodical or magazine.
- A foodstuff, beverage or other product intended for everyday consumption.
- A nursing or maternity product, an infant bottle, infant feeding product or bottle accessory that has been unsealed.
- A beauty product or fragrance which has been used.
- An intimate product, lingerie, swimwear, bodysuit, underwear or jewellery for piercings, which for hygienic and public health reasons may not be returned.
- A product which has been personalised for you or made to your specifications.
- A flatpack furniture product that has been assembled after delivery.
If you have already paid and wish to return the product, you have the option of receiving a credit or a full refund. Returns are only possible where your order adheres to Takealot’s Return Policy, which are outlined below:
Standard Returns Policy
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair/replace it, or credit your account, subject to the below terms. This Policy applies to products bought from Takealot itself and from Third Party Sellers. Please note Online Course Codes are dealt with separately in section 5 below.
Certain parts of this Policy do not apply to Unboxed Deals, reconditioned products or used products, and this is indicated in the relevant sections below. Unboxed Deals are returned products that are offered for sale at discounted prices, because their original packaging is damaged, unsealed or missing, or the products show signs of handling and/or re-packaging.
This Policy forms part of the Takealot Terms and Conditions, and so words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this Policy, unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
Covid 19 Returns Terms and Conditions
In light of the Government restrictions that have been put in place during the national Covid-19 lockdown, we have had to make some temporary changes to our returns policy.
These changes will apply with immediate effect in addition to the Standard Terms and Conditions. Where there are any inconsistencies between these Covid-19 Returns Terms and Conditions, and our Standard Terms and Conditions, these Covid-19 Returns Terms and Conditions will apply specifically during the lockdown period.
- Takealot is currently legally restricted to collecting returns for liquor products from Mondays to Thursdays, between 10am and 6pm (“Liquor Items”), as prescribed in the Government Gazette.
- All other non-restricted items logged for return during the national lockdown can be collected via courier or customers can choose to drop off an item at a selected number of Takealot Pickup Points, including our Cape Town Warehouse.
- Subject to these Covid-19 Returns Conditions, Liquor Items logged for return during the national lockdown period are still subject to the limitations and restrictions as set out in the Standard Returns Terms & Conditions below.
Preparing your products for a return
To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your products;
- package your products safely and securely for protection during transit;
- clearly mark your return reference number on the outside of the parcel; and
- include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product.
Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.