Z83 form is the application for employment document used. The purpose of the Z83 application form is to help a government department in selecting a person for an advertised post. The Z83 form can also be used to identify job seekers to be interviewed. All candidates are required to fill in the Z83 application form accurately, legibly and completely since all applicants cannot be interviewed.
What is a z83 form?
Z83 refers to the application for employment form and is for South Africa Government Departments (National and Provincial). Only people who wish to apply for an advertised position in a government department must complete it.
The Z83 form requires basic information such as personal information, contact information, language proficiency, qualifications, work experience and references. Candidates who are called for interviews will be requested to provide additional certified information that may be required to make a final selection.
What does the z83 form include?
The z83 Form for Application for Employment consists of the following sections;
SECTION A : The Advertised Post
- The first section consists of the position you are applying for as advertised. In this section, you will also be required to name the department where the position was advertised. Provide reference number stated in the advertisement. Lastly, if you get the government job, when can you start or how much notice you must serve with your current employer.
SECTION B : Personal Information
- In this section, you will be required to provide personal information such as surname, first names, date of birth, ID number, race, gender, citizenship details or nationality. You are also required to provide a valid work permit if if you are not a South African citizen. If you ever been convicted of a criminal offence, you need to state “YES”
SECTION C : Contact Information
- In this section candidates are required to fill in their contact details such as telephone numbers for the purpose of communication. You also need to state your preferred language for correspondence, e.g English, Afrikaans, seSotho or isiZulu. Apart from these, you also need to choose a preferred method for communication. You can choose whether you want to be contacted via Fax, Post or E-mail.
SECTION D : Language Proficiency
- The fourth section requires applicants to state or indicate how conversant they are at communicating. You can state ‘good’, ‘fair’ or ‘poor’. For example; English: Speak (good), Read (good), Write (good)
SECTION E : Qualifications
- You can ignore this section if you have attached a CV with these details. However, if you did not attach the CV, you will be required to provide your qualification information. Name of school or technical college, highest qualification obtained and in which year you obtained your qualification. If you are currently studying, you are required to provide name of the institution and the qualification. For example, University of Johannesburg, National Diploma Public Relations and Communications.
SECTION F : Work Experience
- In this section you are required to provide your work experience. Information such as your employer’s name, position held, period and reason for leaving your currency employer is required. You can ignore this part if you have already attached your CV.
SECTION G : References
- Here one is required to give details of the referees. Their names, contact details and their relationship to you is required. You can include your University Lecturer, your current manager or a colleague. Ignore this part if you have attached your CV.
The last part of the z83 form is the declaration part. Here the candidate is required to put their signature and write down the date in which they would have completed the application form. You agree that the information provided is valid and complete. You also acknowledge that you will be disqualified if any false information has been supplied.
How do I get a z83 application form?
You can obtain a Z83 form online or most Government departments websites and at any Government office. Note: National and Provincial Parliament and municipalities use different application forms.
How to complete a Z83 Application Form
STEP 1: Obtain a Z83 form from any Government office or download the Z83 form on the internet.
STEP 2: Fill in the Z83 form completely. You need to make sure that the information provided is accurate and legit.
STEP 3: Complete the Declaration Section after section G. Sign the form and write date.
STEP 4: After completing the form, attach your CV, certified copies of your ID and qualification (s).
STEP 5: Post or hand deliver your completed Z83 application form and all the required documents to the listed address in the advert.