The SA Social Security Agency (SASSA) is currently approving and paying the R350 social relief of distress (SRD) grant to millions of applicants across South Africa.
In an update on 30 June, SASSA said it had paid around 2.5 million applicants so far out of the 3.2 million people who had applied.
Naturally, applicants are anxious to get more information on the srd.sassa.gov.za status banking details.
srd.sassa.gov.za banking details submission
If you’re looking for information on how to submit banking details to SASSA, the agency’s 30 June update provides the answer.
According to the update, successful applicants will receive an SMS from SASSA requesting for their banking details. This SMS will therefore have the SASSA banking details link.
“It is important to respond to the SMS as quickly as possible and to follow the link provided. Approved applicants are reminded that the link cannot be shared with others, as it is linked to a specific ID number for security reasons” SASSA said.
Therefore, in order to provide bank details to SASSA or perform an srd banking details submission, an applicant must first of all wait for the SMS.
The link in the SMS would then provide more information on how to upload banking details on SASSA. Presumably, it will have the srd.sassa.gov.za banking details form.
UPDATE: How to change SASSA SRD banking details
Between 3 August and 9 August, 2020, approved applicants can change their payment method or banking details at https://srd.sassa.gov.za. After clicking on this link, scroll to the bottom of the SRD page until you see “How do I change my banking details” heading.
Add your ID number. You will then receive an SMS containing a secure link, unique to you, on the mobile phone number with which you registered during application.
How to apply for SASSA relief grant
Applications may be lodged electronically over and above any other available means. Applicants may apply using the following means:
- Sending a WhatsApp message to 082 046 8553;
- Using the following SSD or SMS line: *134*7737#
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will receive notifications of payment in the same medium they used to apply. For instance, an applicant using WhatsApp will receive the notification on the same WhatsApp number he/she used to apply for the grant. The following additional measures will apply:
- Payments will be made mainly through bank accounts of the applicants and through cash send measures through banks;
- The grant will be paid from the date of approval up to the end of October 2020, provided the qualifying criteria continue to be met;
- If applicants apply in June their payments will be from June and there will be no backpay.
- Applicants grant consent to SASSA to verify their residency, ID/permit details, sources of income and/or social security benefits. False applications could result in prosecutions.